Where am I? - United States Part 14
Updated: Apr 26
1. Did you know that it is possible for visitors fly in a plane that was used in the World Wars? Unlike most museums, this state has one which gives that opportunity to do just that with a trained pilot.
2. If you rather be in the water than in the skies, you'd be happy to know that
this state is home the world's longest running surfing competition (since 1963).
3. This state is home to all THREE bridge-tunnels found in the United States as well
as the world's longest one (coast to coast) measuring over 17.6 miles (28.3 km).
4. This state is home to the oldest river in North America, which ironically is called "New River".
5. This state is home to the United States only private
home to be named a United Nations World Heritage Site.
6. This state is also home to the highest rate of personalized license plates
in the United States. With approximately one in SIX vehicles having one.
7. This state is home to the world's largest living museum which is TWENTY TIMES bigger
than the world's biggest museum spanning over 301 acres (0.5 sq. miles or 1.2 sq. km)
8. This state is also the birthplace to a record EIGHT United States presidents.
9. This state surprisingly has the oldest college building (1700) despite
being the second oldest college established in the United States.
10. With a population of more than 8.6 million people this state is the 12th most populated state, it's also the most populated state to not have any professional sports teams.
The correct answer was:
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful pictures and fun facts!
Check in next Friday and find out which state I'll do next.
Have a wonderful day!