Where am I? - United States Part 20
Updated: Apr 26
1. Do you know what is the most biodiverse state? This state
is home to over 7,500 different species of plants and animals.
2. Eerily enough this state's first ever capital has been a ghost town since 1900.
3. If you like holidays then you'll be happy to know that this state was the
first to celebrateMardi Gras (1703) and Veterans Day (1947). It is also
the first one to recognize Christmas as a national holiday (1836).
4. If you like reading then try reading this state's constitution, at 420,000 words it is not only the longest one in the world. it is also almost 10 TIMES longer than the United States'.
5. One interesting feature is that this state is home to the United State's
only town where its mail route is on water, which has been going on for over 100 years.
6. This state is surprisingly home to the world's largest collection of space memorabilia.
7. This state is also home to the world's tallest iron statue at 56 ft. (17 m).
Despite its relatively small size, it weighs 100,000 lbs. (45,359 kg).
8. This state has the unique distinction of being the only one with an alcoholic state drink.
9. The name comes from the local Native American words translating to "vegetable pickers".
10. Although there are no professional sports team this state is home to the biggest
in-state college football rivalry which has been going on for over 100 years.
The correct answer was:
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful pictures and fun facts!
Check in next Friday and find out which state I'll do next.
Have a wonderful day!