Where am I? - United States Part 35
1. Did you do know that there is a building in the United States made with bugs mixed in its foundation? Back in 1874, a church in this state was made with thousands of grasshoppers.
2. This state's name means "south wind people".
3. You might not be surprised therefore that this state is home to the windiest
city in the United States with an average winds of over 15 mph (24 kmph)
4. Going to 140 ft (43 m) long, this state houses the longest 3 dimensional brick mural.
5. At 109 ft (33 m) deep and 32 ft (10 m) wide, this state is also home to the deepest and largest hand dug well in the United States. There are stairs people can use to go the bottom.
6. You'd be happy to know that this state also houses the only salt mine in the
United States that is accessible to the public where you can go 650 ft (200 m)
underground where you can see one of the world's largest deposits of rock salt.
7. This state is the birthplace of the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean.
8. This state is home to not only the first fast food chain but also the first pizza chain in the United States.
9. This state is home to the world's largest tall grass prairie that
currently spans across 400,000 sq. miles (1,000,000 sq. km).
10. This state is home to the geographical center of the United States.
The correct answer was:
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful pictures and fun facts!
Check in next Friday and find out which state I'll do next.
Have a wonderful day!