Where am I? - United States Part 39
1. Did you know that in 1872, the first diner opened in this state's current capital and was serving from a horse pulled wagon?
2. Over 200 years earlier this state was home to oldest restaurant in the
United States has now been continuously been open for 350 years (1673).
3. Built in 1912 this state is also home to the oldest topiary
garden in the United States containing 80 sculptures,
4. Believe it or not this states is home to the only lighthouse among the over 750 lighthouses located in the United States to be named after a person
5. In 1774, this state became home to the United State's first official circus performance.
6. Since 1763, this state is home to the oldest surviving synagogue in all of North America.
7. In 1895, this state was home to the first golf tournament to take place in the United States.
8. Fourteen years prior, in 1881, this state was home to the first tennis tournament
located outside Europe. It is now home of the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
9. Surprisingly despite all these firsts this state was the last of the 13 colonies
to be admitted into the Union ratifying almost two years after the first states (1790).
10. Interestingly enough this state is home to "the most patriotic" city in the United States as it
hosts the longest continuously Independence Day parade doing so every year since 1785.
The correct answer was:
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful pictures and fun facts!
Check in next Friday and find out which state I'll do next.
Have a wonderful day!