Where am I? - United States Part 3
Updated: Apr 26
1. Do you know where was the first US museum? It was founded in this state back in 1773.
2. It is also home to the United States first and largest collection of outdoor sculptures spanning over 9,127 acres (37 sq. km or 14.3 sq. miles) with 2,000 sculptures.
This state also has the oldest landscaped garden in the United States
3. This state also produces the most peaches (87,400 tons in 2021 alone) on the East coast.
4. It is also the only state which commercially produces tea on a large scale.
Also despite being the birthplace of sweet tea it is not this state's drink.
5. With many states claiming the origins, barbecue food was in fact created in this state.
6. Believe it or not, you'll find in this state an island over 2000 acres (8 sq. km or 3 sq. miles) in containing more than 3,500 monkeys where no humans are allowed to enter.
7. This state was home to the first ever European settlement in the
United States. However due to numerous factors it didn't last one year.
8. After failed settlements by the French and Spanish, it
eventually became the 8th state to join the United States.
9. Although no Big 4 sports team (as well as MLS) plays here, this state houses
what is known as the golf capital of the world having over 300 golf courses.
10. This state is also home of the world's hottest pepper (< 1.5 million Scoville units)
The correct answer was:
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful pictures and fun facts!
Check in next Friday and find out which state I'll do next.
Have a wonderful day!