Where am I? - United States Part 42
1. Did you know that there are Underground Railroad sites in 22 states?
According the National Park service this state houses the most with 13 sites.
2. If you like bridges then you'd enjoy knowing that this state is home to the
longest covered bridge in the United States spanning across 613 ft (183 m).
3. While there are nine states where two of its three share the same
initial, this state is the only one where its applicable for all THREE.
4. The world's largest earthwork effigy is in this state which is 1,330 ft (405.4 m) long.
5. This state's name comes from the local Native American language meaning "great river".
6. This state is home to the United States first college to grant
admission to African Americans (1835) and women (1837)
7. This state is home to not one but TWO iconic Hall of Fames. Located in
different cities this state houses both the NFL and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
8. This state is often considered the birthplace of space and aviation in the United States as
it is the birthplace of many people in that field. These include the first people to fly in a plane, first American in space, the first person to set foot on the moon and 24 additional astronauts.
9. This state is also home to the roller coaster capital of the world. It got that title since becoming home of the first roller coaster to go over 200 ft (61 m) tall in 1989 and 300 ft (91 m) in 2000.
10. Lastly this state has one of the more unique flags as it is the only state flag to not be a rectangle.
The correct answer was:
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful pictures and fun facts!
Check in next Friday and find out which state I'll do next.
Have a wonderful day!