Where am I? - United States Part 30
1. Did you know that the first ever T-Rex was unearthed in this state back in 1902?
2. With a surface area of 20,000 sq. ft (1858 sq. m) and more than 23 full size
dinosaurs, this state houses the largest dinosaur museum in the United States.
3. Despite being landlocked his state is home of the triple divide where the
Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean and the Arctic Ocean drainage basins all meet.
4. This state also recorded the coldest temperature in
the lower 48 states with a temperature -70 ºF (- 57 ºC).
5. If you enjoy consistent temperature then this state isn't for you. Not only is this state is home to the United State's biggest temperature rise in 24 hours going from -54 ºF (-47.8 ºC) to 49 ºF (9 ºC). It is also home of the biggest temperature drop in that span from 44 ºF (7 ºC) to -56 ºF (-48.9 ºC) in the United States
6. If you like being away from people you'll be happy to know that in this state all
but 6 counties have a population density of fewer than 6 people per square mile.
7. This state however has the highest population in the United States of golden eagles (13,138) and the most grizzlies in the lower 48 states (between 1,800 and 2,000).
8. In 1887 this state had the world's largest snowflake ever recorded
with a size of 15 inches (38 cm) wide and 8 inches (20.3 cm) thick.
9. This state is home to the world's shortest river spanning across 201 ft (61 m).
10. Funnily enough at 671 miles (1080 km) this state also
has the longest un-dammed river in the lower 48 states.
The correct answer was:
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful pictures and fun facts!
Check in next Friday and find out which state I'll do next.
Have a wonderful day!