Where am I? - United States Part 33
1. Did you know that there is a church can be found floating in the middle of a pond?
In fact this is the smallest church in the world which is 28.7 sq. ft (2.7 sq. m).
2. Interestingly enough in the same state as the biggest church in North America. To compare it is 121,000 sq. ft (11,200 sq. m) which is more than 4000 TIMES bigger.
3. This state also houses the largest area of public protected land in the
lower 48. With a surface area of over 6.1 million acres which is greater
than the two biggest nationals parks in the lower 48 combined.
4. While this state might not have any national parks, it has 215 state parks
which is the 2nd most in the United States and the most for one without a
national park. It also has the oldest state park in the United States.
5. It also has the most sites on the National Register of Historic Places having more than six thousand. To put in perspective no other state has more than FIVE THOUSAND.
6. With over 3,800 seats, this city houses the world's largest opera house.
7. Located in the same city is located the largest mausoleum in all of North America.
8. This state's biggest city has 789 bridges which is the most by any American city.
9. With 424 metro stations, this city also has the most of such as well as
the most separate lines in the world. It has nearly three times more
stations and three times more lines than the next American city.
10. Unsurprisingly this state is home to the three busiest train stations
in the United States as well as the world's biggest train station.
The correct answer was:
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful pictures and fun facts!
Check in next Friday and find out which state I'll do next.
Have a wonderful day!