Where am I? - United States Part 44
1. Have you ever wondered what it's like to go to live your life without ever leaving your building? Believe it or not this state is home to a city located entirely in one building.
In addition to residences, you can find a church, school, general store and more.
2. Spanning across 16.7 million acres (26,100 sq. miles or 68,000 sq. km)
this state is home to the largest National forest in the United States
3. This state's capital has the distinction of being the only one to not be
accessible by land. This is also true for 82% of this state's settlements
4. This state is home to more volcanoes than any other state. In fact it is
home to 141 of the 205 active volcanoes located in the United States
5. This state is also in fact home to all 10 of the highest peaks
in the county with the tallest being 20,310 ft (6,190 m) tall.
6. With a coastline of 6,640 miles (10,690 km) it is larger than all of
the other states combined with over 800 miles (1,288 km) left over.
7. This state is also home to 7 of the 10 largest national parks in the United States including the largest one which spans over 13,000 sq. miles (33,500 sq. km).
8. If after all that you need a nice rest, you could be in luck as this home to a small city where there is a period each year where there is no daylight for SIXTY FIVE days!!
9. This state has the highest percentage of Native Americans compared to its population going at 20%. This state also has 20 Native languages as part of its official languages.
10. Its name comes from the Native language meaning "Great Land" which is fitting as it is larger than
the next three states combined. The state itself spans across 665,384 sq. miles or 1,723,337 sq. km
The correct answer was:
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful pictures and fun facts!
Check in next Friday and find out which state I'll do next.
Have a wonderful day!