Where am I? - United States Part 46
1. Did you know where the world's largest hot air balloon festival is? Since
1972 it has been located in this state where over 500 balloons participates.
2. With 84 National monuments, this state has the 2nd most in all of the United States.
3. Going across 2.7 miles (4.3 km) this state is home to the
longest aerial tramway located in the Western hemisphere.
4. At 7,198 ft (2,194 m) above sea level this state has
the highest elevated capital city in the United States.
5. Established in 1610, this makes it the oldest state capital
despite joining the United States more than 300 years later.
6. In that same year and same city the oldest church in the continental 50 states was also built.
7. In this state you could also find the oldest houses in the United
States. They were built over a thousand years ago (1000 AD).
8. This state is also home to fossils that are over 23,000 years
old which are the oldest ones found in the United States.
9. This state has the unique distinction of having only round capitol building.
10. This state is also the only one to have a state song in English as well as a foreign language.
The correct answer was:
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful pictures and fun facts!
Check in next Friday and find out which state I'll do next.
Have a wonderful day!