Where am I? - United States Part 2
Updated: Apr 26
1. Did you know that the United States had not one but 2 royal residences
(including one royal palace)? In fact both of them are located in this state.
2. This state is also home to the world's largest plant maze, which is
made with over 14,000 flowers, spanning over 300 acres long.
3. This state is also home to the THRE tallest waterfalls found in the
United States ranging between 792m (2,598 ft) to 900m (2953 ft).
4. Unsurprisingly one of the most impressive features of this state is that it's also
home to the world's highest water cliffs (3000-4000ft or 914-1,219m high)
5. This state is not only the rainiest US State (162cm or 63.7 inch) but also includes the rainiest place in the United States where it rains on 1,027cm (or 404.4 inches) every year.
6. This is also home to the world's largest active volcano 5,271 sq. km
(2,035 sq. miles) as well as the world's largest dormant one.
7. It is home to the largest national monument in the United States (583,000 sq. miles or
1,510,000 sq. km) which is bigger than all the other United States national park COMBINED!!!
8. Fortunately for nature travelers, this state has no snakes on it. Also in
order to preserve its natural beauty, plastic bags have also been banned here.
9. Despite being the latest state to join the Union, it is the birthplace to one former president.
10. While there is no clear definition the name is rumored to be
meaning "Place of the Gods" or "Homeland" in its native language.
The correct answer was ...
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful pictures and fun facts!
Check in next Friday and find out which state I'll do next.
Have a wonderful day!